Monday 24 August 2015

the grab bag...

So yesterday we talked about ordering a couple cord of wood... summer is coming to a close. Well, technically it is summer for another four weeks but, here up north it feels like summer vacated these premises five weeks ago. It came early (May) and left the middle of July. We were graced with warm weather for the church camp out weekend but...

Rain. I'm talking about rain.

It has felt like fall to me the last few weeks, so much so that I have spent a good chunk of August in jeans and long sleeves, 'oh whoa is me'. Because when the rain won't go away your bag of tricks empties in a hurry. And while I don't subscribe to the helicopter/pinterest type of parenting, there are things you plan to do over summer break that require good weather. So now here I sit, begging for school to start and a schedule to begin. Something to break up the monotony.

Having said that, when I look back on our summer we did have some good times.





So, If I count summer all the way back to June then we visited my family in Vancouver, we visited Brad's family in Edmonton, we picked berries, we visited with friends, we played lego - that underscored the whole summer actually...the boys dream in lego - and in reality, our summer isn't really done yet. My beautiful niece is coming for a visit (shhh-don't tell the boys) in just two sleeps. And my folks are coming up shortly after that so there is still summer fun to be had. But, if I'm going to be honest, I'm in fall mode... I'm thinking and getting excited about about sweaters and scarves, boots and warm jammies, eggnog lattes and can it be?...christmas trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment