Friday 28 October 2016

blowout

The leaves, the leaves are everywhere and they are a metaphor for my brain these days. There are so many and they get crunched on and caught up in the wind and swirled about and scratch the surface of things and clog drains and get burned in piles in someone’s back yard. Boys and dogs jump and play in the piles of them and worms and bugs do their work to start the decay of them. Cat’s stalk them at the hopes of a mouse to catch and homeowners lament at the work of them. 
Thus, my brain. I have had far too many things thrown at me, not to mention the things I was already stewing about. I need a leaf blower to blow it all out of my head. It is causing a myriad of problems. And I am leaking water out my eyes and sleep is alluding me and my heart is weary and the Lord has been silent. I have not been able to write for days and days and it is all pilling up. 
Lord, hear my prayer. 
Sort the leaves please, burn the ones I do not need and help me to let them burn. I ask for your strength to rake and tidy the ones that need to go to waste, and be ok with the ones that get left behind. There are too many Lord and the ones that are too confusing or hurtful or hard to deal with, I give them to you, I look to you and I am leaving them for you to sort through. 

Help me tend my garden Lord. I am abiding in you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment