Sunday 30 October 2016

cut


Something I have been thinking a lot about lately is how we don’t do enough pruning in our lives. I guess I shouldn’t speak for you. I don’t do enough pruning in my life. I have spent a considerable amount of my life carrying around things, baggage, hurt, misconceptions, dead branches that have no place in my life and are dragging me down. But I just can’t seem to let go. These days though, I am ready for the big prune. I need the Lord to do his work on my heart. The biggest branch that needs to be cut for me right now is all the doctrine and wrong theology I have held on to. It is all weighing me down. Much of this has come from some books I have read over the last few years and my time on the internet. It has held a mirror, in some cases, up to me. In other instances it has opened my eyes to the lives and experiences of others. And the things that are getting in the way of my understanding and love and service to Christ must go. And I am trusting on Him to know which branch needs to be cut and I’m trusting myself to let go of that branch knowing that I am still remaining in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment