Saturday 22 October 2016

off

I need to shut everything off. I need a reset, a reboot. September was great. I was riding high form my trip down south to Vancouver. Nearly three weeks with family and friends and celebrating my birthday. I came home feeling renewed, recharged, ready for anything that might come my way.
All that changed once October hit the board. Too many things have come to take me down. Too many distractions, too many surprises that weren’t good. I’d almost chalk them up to attacks except, I don't want to give him that much credit. 
Homesickness has crept it’s way in and unfortunately that colours everything. It sets me up for disaster as it affects how I am able to respond, or not respond to challenges. Some days I want to tear it all down and build again, other days I want to hide under the covers. 
I’m not sure where to go from here. I can’t take another extended trip south, I can’t even take a short trip. How do I fix this? Where is my reset button? This is more than just turning it off and on again. My heart is battling it out with my brain, my spirit with my body, and the wrong sides are winning. 

Lord, hear my prayer. Bring me back to your presence, where I felt your peace like never before. Show me your mercy, wrap me in your love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment