Friday 21 October 2016

weekend


The weekend doesn’t mean what it used to for me. Having kids will do that to you. I know one day they will be grown and gone but still then, I won’t have my weekends like I used to. Unless Brad changes careers. Being a pastor means you don’t get your weekends. And being married to a pastor means you also, do not get your weekends. I miss having that freedom to choose if I want to go away. Brad and I were never able to experience that. I’m hoping one day we will. I hope one day we could look at each other and say “what do you want to do this weekend?” and we will both say “sleep” because after a lifetime of ministry and kids we will just want to sleep. And then maybe we will go somewhere. Right now our weekends are early mornings and late nights and long Sundays and short Saturdays and soccer in the summer and fights in the fall. Sometimes we get a long weekend but we don't really notice it. Every day blends into the next without much difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment