Tuesday 4 October 2016

wardrobe

I want a magical wardrobe. When I was a kid I learned the story of the lion the witch and the wardrobe. I loved the idea that you could step through a closet to get to a magical land. I would play in my closet and pretend to be Lucy meeting Mr. Tumnus. It was great, albeit a little cramped. Now I want my closet to be magical again. I wish I could walk into it and enter a place of quiet. I suppose that comes with being a mom to three boys. It gets so loud here. Quiet has become my elusive friend, like Mr. Beaver; you see him for a moment then he takes off, but then pops up and asks you to follow him, then he disappears again. 

In my quiet world there lives the coziest couch filled with pillows and soft blankets, and a little table with tea or coffee and a lovely cookie. My favourite books or even just some sweet soft music to lull me to rest. It is so quiet that my thoughts can be heard. A place where the breeze blows soft and there is a sweet smell of flora. Right now it is fall so the leaves and the wet and the crisp air fill me full. I can smell the snow from the mountains and I bundle up and stoke the fire that has appeared beside me. It is glorious and magical. I look around and see other people in their quiet space and I acknowledge them by not talking to them. It is peaceful. It is a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment