Wednesday 5 October 2016

brew

These words - these prompt words for this write 31 days are killing me. They are not the kind of words I would have expected. It has been hard to come up with something to write that doesn’t sound completely ridiculous. But, the word for this one. It got me thinking. Most people brew coffee or tea, I brew thoughts. Ideas, I hold my dreams close and tight. Few see what is brewing in my head. Not until it’s ready does it come out. I suppose that is another reason why doing this has been challenging. I am spazzing out on the keyboard trying to type out thoughts I’ve gathered for a few minutes before I actually start writing. And, I am not a fast typist. 

What is really brewing inside me these days is anticipation of the Lord. I am waiting on him for something. And I don’t even know what it is. He is brewing something in me, a holy longing, and fervent excitement. Not even sure how to qualify it. But it is overwhelming some days. Maybe it’s just catching up on the time I wasted not talking to Him. I don’t know for sure. What I do know is I don’t get this feeling every day, what I mean is, I have only felt this specific feeling a few other times in my life. He is doing something mighty in me. Pray with me please? If you think of me. Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment