Saturday 22 October 2016

park

Do you remember that time? One of the first times we were parked in a car. One of our first real dates. We went to Capilano. I made a fool of myself. Then you brought me home and we were parked and for a moment I didn't know what to do with myself so I said, “see you later”
I hope you weren’t planning to make a move. Probably not. It was too soon. 
Then there was that night. I know you remember THAT night right? I was to meet you at your place and you weren't there. And I had no way to get in touch with you . And it was a pouring November night in Vancouver, and I got rear ended on my way to get gas. And still I waited for you. For 90 minutes I waited. In the rain, in my leaky car listening to the radio and all the accident reports worried for your safety and I wasn't even totally sure how I felt about you. But I knew I didn't want you dead.
Then you showed up. You whipped around the corner into your driveway and I jumped out of my parked car and leaped into your arms and hugged you.. for the first time.
I knew then. There was no hiding it or denying it. It was you. You were it. 
We had dinner, we watched Star Wars. We cuddled, you kissed. I melted. 
Remember that other time? Going for pizza? Ya. You remember. 

Parked cars have all sorts of stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment